From: Jean-Christophe Deschamps <j...@antichoc.net>
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Thu, April 21, 2011 4:03:49 PM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] How to Use an Apostrophe in a Text Field?

Correct.  http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q14

>  One more way you can do.
>
>insert into <table name> (<column name>) values ("*Goin' Down
> >> the Road Feelin' Bad*");
>
>It is double quotes before and after *. Similarly double quotes will
>be escaped by one more double quote

Don't do that: it can reveal a pitfall.
It's not SQL even if SQLite does its best to interpret it without
issuing an error.

Double quotes should be reserved to enclose database, table and column
names, not string literals. SQLite also accepts square brackets as
well: "My Table" is the same as [My Table].

Only use single quotes (apostrophes) for string literals.

A statement like:
delete from "my table" where column = "column";
is prone to disapoint you!
http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q24