I keep getting an SQL error
"unable to open database file"

after doing some 20 inserts into two tables of my database in a loop
in a java function.

In the main code I have
String sql="INSERT INTO part(name,md5sum,size,pfad) VALUES (?,?,?,?)";
String sql1="INSERT INTO
candidate(md5sum,basename,prob_ref,suite,tag,customer) VALUES
(?,?,?,?,?,?)";
pstmnt = conn.prepareStatement(sql);
     pst1 = conn.prepareStatement(sql1);

Furtherdown in a loop I'm doing
                         try {
                            pst1.setString(1, md5);
                            pst1.setString(2, file.getName());
                            pst1.setString(3, p_r);
                            pst1.setString(4, suite);
                            pst1.setString(5, mmp);
                            pst1.setString(6, customer);
                            pst1.executeUpdate();
  }
and subsequently in the same inner loop another try
  with INSERTS in another table.

and
            try {
                         pstmnt.setString(1, file.getName());
                         pstmnt.setString(2, md5);
                         pstmnt.setLong(3, file.length());
                         pstmnt.setString(4,s);
                         pstmnt.executeUpdate();

                }

I have no clue ay to why the program chokes with that error.

--
Christoph