On 3 Jun 2011, at 9:58pm, Keith Christian wrote:

> I have another question about the TCL interface:  What is the syntax
> to execute the commands available at the sqlite> prompt?
>
> Suppose I want to run the ".databases" command, usually executed from
> the sqlite> prompt.

There is none.  The dot commands are implemented by the command-line tool.
They are not implemented by the SQLite library itself.

However, there are ways to do many things the dot commands do.  For instance,

http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_database_list

shows you how to list the attached databases.  Most of the information commands
are implemented using the pragmas on that page.

Simon.