On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 07:47:25PM +0400, Max Vlasov scratched on the wall:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use sqlite with linux (Ubuntu, Pascal, Lazarus). I'm still not
> very familiar with linux development so I might miss something essential.
>
> Two scenarios work ok
> - statically linked latest version compiled (3.7.6.3), no options or defines
> changed
> - Dynamically loaded (dlopen) sqlite used from the installed package
> libsqlite3 (libsqlite3.so)

  That's not how dynamic libraries work (not normally, anyways).
  Generally you simply tell the compiler/linker to link in the library
  at build time, and allow the usage of dynamic libs.  The dynamic
  link is then done on application start-up by the OS.  In Windows
  terms, it is like using an .DLL by linking in the associated .lib
  file.  Moving from a static library to a dynamic library requires no
  code changes.

  The dlopen() and related functions are for application controlled
  linking.  They're like the LoadLibrary() functions under Windows.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson