Hi all!

I have a silly question probably... maybe someone helps me.

I have a 33MB database with 100MB log. And log growing...

So, I try to access database by sqlite3.exe only. It is version
3.7.6.3.  I call "PRAGMA wal_checkpoint(RESTART);" It immediately
finish with "0|8|8". But WAL log file remains big and untouched.
(Only db file and SHM are touched)

I typed '.exit' in the console, and now is WAL log deleted.

My question is - why I must close the connection to database for
reduce WAL log?

Same problem is inside my program. WAL log remain big, until I close
connection to database. Even I calling "PRAGMA
wal_checkpoint(RESTART)" frequently and no concurrent access to
database.

Can I flush WAL log and reduce log size without close database
connection?

Thank you!

--
Lukas Gebauer.