2011/7/1 Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org>

> >> If you _need_ exclusiveaccess all along, then start app, "begin
> >> exclusive", do your stuf, "commit" and exit.
> >
> > The 'problem' is that the application can run for the whole day.
>
> There's no problem with this.  You can maintain an EXCLUSIVE lock on the
> database for the whole day.  You can even maintain it while you're waiting
> an unknown amount of time for user input.  SQLite will happily keep the
> database locked the whole time.

That is exactly what I mend to say. Thanks for the clarification.

> Some may argue that this would be bad use of resources but that's a
> different matter.

Depends on the situation, but in this case I think permissible. There is
only one user. Saves me a lot of headache and the user also. Started editing
something.  Is interrupted. Forgot that he was working on it and starts the
program again. In this case the program stops with the message that the
table is locked and he can continue where he left of. ;-}

--
Cecil Westerhof