On 19 Jul 2011, at 5:17am, Glenn McCord wrote:

> Hi. I've been trying to find out the best way of loading an sqlite
> database from memory. Basically I'd like to be able to save a small
> sqlite database as meta data to an audio file, i.e. an mpeg4
> container. I'd then be able read, modify then write it back to the
> file.

You can use the SQLite backup API to transfer an entire database from or to
memory:

http://www.sqlite.org/backup.html

However, I'm not sure of the wisdom of saving data in this way.  The SQLite
file format is not simple or easy to inspect, and uses up a lot of space
because it has to hold indexing information.  Would it not make more sense to
encode your data as XML or JSON and save this (or a .zipped version of this) in
your MPEG4 instead ?

Simon.