On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Григорий Григоренко <grigore...@mail.ru> wrote:
> I have a log's database. Schema :
>
> Query:
>
> SELECT 1 as today, id as rowid, kind,who,msg,computer,process,created_at,id
> FROM log WHERE id > 4070636 AND id <= 9223372036854775807 AND kind = 'info'
> AND computer='KRAFTWAY';
>

> Reboot system. Run query. Elapsed: ~100 SECONDS. Re-run query. Now it
> executes in less than a second. Re-run query. The same: less than a second.
> Tried it several times.
>

> RUNNING THIS QUERY JUST AFTER REBOOT TAKES UNPREDICTABLE LARGE TIME, FROM 1
> TO 2 MINUTES.

Do you have and anitvirus software installed? It may scan the file at
the first usage.

To be sure sqlite doesn't read too much I suggest opening Task
Manager, choosing column I/O Read Bytes to be shown and run the query.
This also can give a hint about the software that possibly reads the
file all the this time.

Max