On 4 Aug 2011, at 8:28pm, john darnell wrote:

> The name of the DB file I use is IndexData.db.  On certain versions (but not
> all versions) of the plugin, during the processing, an IndexData.db-Journal
> file is created. It is always empty at the end of a run.

I'm not sure where you close your database handle, and what you mean by 'end of
a run', but when you have used sqlite3_close() to close all handles to a SQLite
database that file should no longer exist.  If you still have a file with that
name on your disk, something has gone wrong, and you should figure out why.
Can you make absolutely sure sqlite3_close() has been called correctly and does
not return an error ?

> I have had several instances where I scan several documents and build up,
> say, 1000 records in my SQLite table.  I then select several more documents
> for scanning and the number of records are halved in my SQLite table.  This
> is always associated with the advent of a system File Open dialog that is
> empty of all files in the folder I am working, when it should have between 60
> and 100 files.
>
> Has anyone working a Mac ever experienced something like this?

Not me.  Please use Disk Utility to check your disk for corrupt structure.

Things like you describe remind me of cases where the OS has run out of file
handles but I can't imagine this happening under OS X.

Simon.