I don't know know whether it's a SQLite "issue" or not.  Did you see the code
in the link I provided?  It's a function that can be added to SQL. I just need
to find out whether it can be added to SQLite and if so, then how to add it.
I'd like to know before I try it whether I would run the risk of messing up my
SQLite "installation."   Thanks!

On Aug 24, 2011, at 9:35 PM, J.M. Royalty wrote:

> On 8/24/2011 9:05 PM, Gregory Moore wrote:
>> I'm thinking it's parameters would be the name of a column and a character
>> to designate where the string wold be separated.  It would return multiple
>> rows and each row would contain a piece of the string.
>>
>> In other word, take a table like this:
>>
>> c1 c2
>> -------
>> 1  a; b; c
>>
>> run a statement like this:
>>
>> select c1, split(c2, ';')from t1;
>>
>> and get this:
>>
>> c1 c2
>> -------
>> 1   a
>> 1   b
>> 1   c
>>
>> Maybe SQLite can do it or not, i don't know.  I've searched using Google and
>> found code for a few different implementations but they are for other
>> dialects of SQL.  Here's a link to one such function i found:
>>
>> http://www.logiclabz.com/sql-server/split-function-in-sql-server-to-break-comma-separated-strings-into-table.aspx
>>
>> Would that work with SQLite?

>>> What parameters would such a function take, and more interestingly, what
>>> would its return value be?
>>> --
>>> Igor Tandetnik
>>>

>>> Gregory Moore
>>> thewatchful...@gmail.com
>>>
> lurker here, but felt compelled, and my apologies in advance, but ....
>
> Isn't this more a function of whatever language you are using and not a
> SQLite issue?

Gregory Moore
thewatchful...@gmail.com