The only issue I had was finding an example of how I could do all of what you describe below in bash script. For example, if I put this in a script:

sqlite3 newdatabase.db

and save that as createdb.sh and execute it then the script never completes because SQLite is at the sqlite> prompt, waiting for commands. Hence that option is a non-starter.

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.asaap.com
www.opensource4i.com