On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 06:56:50PM +0200, Stephan Beal scratched on the wall:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Jay A. Kreibich <j...@kreibi.ch> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 12:29:56PM +0800, ?????? scratched on the wall:
> > > is there any limit about the data size?
> >
> >   PRAGMA max_page_count should work on in-memory databases.
>
> Isn't there also the limitation that the maximum db size == the max memory
> the system allocator can dole out, plus limitations imposed by the "bitness"
> of the platform?

  Well, yes... you need some place to put the data, and 32-bit systems
  do have inherent limits on the amount of memory they can address...
  real, virtual, or otherwise.

> You can't (per my understanding) have a 10GB in-memory db
> on a 32-bit machine (regardless of how much RAM it has),

  Correct.

  Although you could have a 10GB anonymous database, which is kind of
  like an in-memory/on-disk hybrid.

> but you can have a 10GB on-storage db on that same machine.

  Assuming you have a storage device with at last 10 GB free, yes.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson