hii

thank you for suggestion.
but when reading the value from sqlite header it printing same value no
change i can see i pasting the c++ code below

/****************************************************CODE****************************************************/
#include <stdio.h>
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main ()
{

  FILE * pFile;
  int c;

  int n = 0;
  char fcc[35] = {0};
  int i = 0;
  int j =0;
  while(j < 4)
  {
      int n = 0;
      sleep(10);      // sleep is used so that i can make any change in
database so that value of counter will change

      pFile=fopen ("demo.sqlite","r");   //demo.sqlite is my sqlite  file

      if (pFile==NULL)
      {
          perror ("Error opening file");
          exit(-1);
      }
      else
      {
          do
          {
              c = fgetc (pFile);
              n++;

              if(n >23 && n < 28)
              {
                  printf("%x",c);    // printing the value of header whic in
hex format
                  i++;
              }
          }while (c != EOF);
          fclose (pFile);
          cout<<endl;

      }
      j++;

  }
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> On 12 Sep 2011, at 1:35pm, Richard Hipp wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 8:02 AM, Igor Tandetnik <itandet...@mvps.org>
> wrote:

> another
> >>
> >> I'm 99% sure your understanding is wrong [snip]
> >
> > Igor is right.  The sqlite3_total_changes() function only reports the
> number
> > of rows that have been changed by the same database connection that
> issued
> > the sqlite3_total_changes() call.
>
> Okay,  I find that page in the documentation ambiguous then.  Could that
> sentence, or something like it, be added for clarity ?
>
> > There is no API for accessing the database change counter.  But you can
> read
> > it yourself by looking at bytes 24-27 of the database file.
>
> How hard would it be to implement this safely using sqlite3's own
> filehandle to the database file ?  I know we're meant to treat sqlite3* as a
> black box but could it be done relatively safely, with a warning that it
> might fail under certain weird conditions ?  Would one use
> sqlite3_file_control() ?
>
> Alternatively, suppose one was doing a lot of in-memory caching for a
> SQLite database but didn't want to block other apps from accessing it.  Is
> there a clean way to say "Has anyone been messing with this but me ?" ?
>
> Simon.

Akash Agrawal