Hello

I have been using System.Data.SQlite for over a year. Recently I downloaded
the latest version, hoping to obtain better performance. Instead I was
astonished to find that processing with the new version takes about TWICE
THE TIME as with the old version.

This is what my application does:

1. Creation phase: convert some input data into a database file containing
several tables, using a succession of "INSERT" commands, all surrounded by a
single BeginTransaction() / EndTransaction() pair.

2. Analysis phase: open an existing database file, and perform various
"SELECT" operations on it.

In both modes, 1.0.74 is significantly slower than 1.0.65.

Setting the WAL option brings the Creation phase performance back to that of
the old version.

Trying further optimization options (PRAGMA synchronous=OFF; PRAGMA
count_changes=OFF; PRAGMA temp_store=MEMORY as described in
http://blog.quibb.org/2010/08/fast-bulk-inserts-into-sqlite) didn't help.

Anybody have an idea ?

Thanks