>   if (A || 1) ...
>
> You can get (e) by giving test cases for A and !A, but most certainly
> flipping A does not "independently affect the outcome" as required by
> the plain reading of (f).

I'm pretty sure that the latest versions of modern compilers will
optimize the above if statement to the following:

A;
// everything inside if

They won't even check the outcome of A and even won't calculate any
part of A that has no side effects (and it's known at compile time).
So in an object file A is not a condition and can hardly be called a
boolean expression. Does (d), (e) and (f) even apply to it?

Pavel