On 27 sept. 2011, at 20:41, Paul Linehan wrote:

> 2011/9/27 Patrick Proniewski <pat...@patpro.net>:
>
>> That's what I do, but I think using a loop is ugly, and I would like to find
>> a way
>> to feed data continuously into sqlite.
>
> I can't see why you would want to do this more than once every minute
> - or do you?

The granularity I'm looking for is between 1 second and 10 seconds. Cron is not
an option here.

> Why, exactly, do you want to do this anyway? I'm interested because I've
> done something similar.

I've performance issue on a file server hooked to a raid enclosure, and
exporting the corresponding volume via NFS.
The performance problem seems to be on the raid itself. So I'm logging I/O
performances during production, to detect anomaly.
sample: http://perso.univ-lyon2.fr/~pproniew/kbpt-2011-09-27-22.png (besier
smoothing, 24 hours of data).
We will change the storage in few days, and this iostat logging will help
compare before/after performances.

regards,
patpro