Your change to numeric date/time may not take a long as you think.

drop any indexes on project_start and downloaded_on;

update projects set project_start=julianday(project_start);

update uris set downloaded_on=julianday(downloaded_on);

Recreate indexes.

Modify your code to insert julianday('now','localtime') instead of taking the
default current_timestamp.

I wasn't really aware before the the datetime functions stored as text all the
time...that's bad for searches...

Michael D. Black

Senior Scientist

NG Information Systems