On 9 Oct 2011, at 3:49pm, Mohit Sindhwani wrote:

> Maybe, I'm worrying about the wrong things :)

I think perhaps you are.  First, you are trying to reproduce SQLite's indexing
mechanism with one that isn't even as good.  Secondly you are worrying about
indexing columns, instead of creating indexes suitable for the SELECTs and
UPDATEs you do.

So first worry about getting your data in tables.  Work out your rows and
columns.
... so far, no wasted space

Then worry about what SELECTs and UPDATEs you want to do.
... so far, still no wasted space

>From that, worry about what indexes to create.

Simon.