I'm not sure if this is expected/desired behavior, but I think it is incorrect:

$ sqlite3
SQLite version 3.7.8 2011-09-19 14:49:19
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> .headers ON
sqlite> CREATE TABLE b (a integer);
sqlite> INSERT INTO b VALUES (1);
sqlite> SELECT * FROM b;
1
sqlite> SELECT b.a FROM b;
1
sqlite> SELECT c.a FROM b AS c;
1
sqlite> SELECT c.a FROM (SELECT * FROM b) AS c;
c.a
1
sqlite> SELECT c.a FROM b JOIN b AS c USING(a);
1
sqlite> SELECT c.a FROM b JOIN (SELECT * FROM b) AS c USING(a);
c.a
1

Note how if the column comes from a subselect, the subselect alias
qualifier is included in the column header.

I would expect a column header of a for all of these queries, and all
other databases I've tested with use a column header of a.  Is this a
bug in SQLite?

Jeremy