Yup. Here's what I have tried doing:
1) Created a new encrypted database with a password2) After opening the
connection, use ChangePassword to change the password, then close it3) Open the
connection again using the new password
I have tried opening all encrypted databases using both the SetPassword method
and the password property in the connection string. No matter what combination
I use, after the password is changed using ChangePassword method, the database
becomes unreadable using the updated or previous password. I've even tried
creating an unencrypted database, then setting a password, then changing it,
and creating an encrypted database, then removing the password using
ChangePassword. Basically anytime ChangePassword is called the database becomes
unreadable. Everything else seems to work perfectly fine.
I have tried this on several machines (32bit, 64bit, winxp and win7) just to
make sure it had nothing to do with the development machine.