This may not be really SQLite specific, but as it's at least SQLite related I thought I asked here. Our program ships with an encrypted SQLite database that has to be opened by the application to process some other data. As it's a .NET application, it's very easy to peek inside the source code (even though I'm planning to use an obfuscater tool). Are there any best practices on how to store the password to open the database? To put things clear - we don't want to make the program absolutely hacker-proof, but simply avoid making it too easy for everybody to see how the database is structured and what it contains.