Thanks.  I guess I'd like to confirm just where column aliases can
be referenced.  I think they cannot be referenced within the list of column
names in which they are defined, and they can be referenced in any other
clauses of the SELECT statement, eg WHERE, ORDER BY, GROUP BY, HAVING. Is
that correct?
Pete