I've seen this same problem. It crashes seemingly due to bugs in llvm-clang
when compiled for arm6 if, as you say, optimizations at any level are turned
on. I've worked around this issue by turning off optimizations for arm6.
Sqlite3, by the way, is not the only bit of my iOS app that encounters problems
with that arm6 optimization combination. arm6, fortunately, is required by
fewer and fewer devices these days.

Report bugs to apple, if you care.

James