Since we're on this topic....

If  I  open  a  30  GB  DB  file,  then attach a new empty DB and then
select/insert  all the data from the full DB to the empty one, the WAL
file grows to 4 times the size of the source file. Why is that?

I  don't  believe I use any manual checkpointing. Just let WAL do it's
thing.

SS> On 30 Nov 2011, at 7:01pm, Richard Hipp wrote:

>> The wal file persists until the last connection to the database closes,
>> then the wal file is deleted.

SS> Actually this is the key to a lot of questions about this.  If
SS> your WAL file is taking up too much space, quit and restart your
SS> app.  Or have your app close and reopen the database connection.

SS> It's a little more complicated in multi-user or multi-process situations,
of course.

SS> Simon.

Best regards,
 Teg                            mailto:t...@djii.com