On 5 Dec 2011, at 6:41pm, Helen Chen wrote:

>                    I am using Mac OX to run sqlite 3. In sqlite 3 I typed in
> create table test2(code integer);

You hit return key ?  You got a prompt back ?

> Then I typed
> .import 'cheps.txt' test 2

You should have typed

.import cheps.txt test2

if it still cannot open the file then your problem is that it's not looking in
the directory you think it's looking in.  I recommend you

quit sqlite3,
put the database file and cheps.txt in the same directory,
cd to that directory,
open the database file and make sure your table is still there,
and /then/ do the .import command as above.

Note that the file access routines in sqlite3 do not correctly implement folder
names such as

~/Desktop/cheps.txt

so you can't specify things relative to your home folder.  You have to do
things like

/Users/shortname/Desktop/cheps.txt

Simon.