On 16 Dec 2011, at 2:56pm, Paxdo Presse wrote:

> In the doc, it is indicated that exclusive lock is required to write to the
> database.
> In this case, it can not be simultaneously other locks for reading (Shared..).
>
> And in wal mode?
>
> Are we to understand that the pending / exclusive locks function differently
> and allow simultaneous shared locks?
>
> What locks/transactions should be used, to allow simultaneous readers and one
> writer?

When using the SQLite library your application should not be doing any locking
of the file or any special manipulation of TRANSACTIONs.  All that is taken
care of by the SQLite library.

Simply use TRANSACTIONs however they relate to the data you're manipulating.
It's up to SQLite to do The Right Thing depending on what journaling mode
you're in.

Simon.