Hi all,

I believe there is a bug in shell tool on Windows. I've tried to store
utf-8 encoded literals in my test db. Do the following to reproduce the
issue:

1. Open a Windows Console (cmd.exe)
2. chcp 65001  # change cmd.exe code page from 437(OEM) to utf-8
3. Run the shell
   > sqlite3.exe test.db
   > create table test(id integer primary key, value text);
   > insert into test (id, value) values (1, 'füchsen'); # literial with
multi byte characters

The shell unexpectantly closed on the last command.

What is the preferred way to save utf-8 encoded literals with the windows
shell tool?

                                              Jens