On 15 Jan 2012 at 20:44, Bill McCormick <wpmccorm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the problem with the shared lib stuff?
>
> Thanks!!
> Black, Michael (IS) wrote, On 1/15/2012 2:27 PM:
>> A simple one -- and please compile sqlite3.c into your program and make
>> everybody happy.
>>
>> Forget the shared library stuff as we have just been talking about.

The problem is that the computer vendor installs a shared lib with a version of
the library. Some 3rd party app installer then replaced that shared lib with
another version, and existing apps don't like it.

SQLite is small enough that it can be compiled and linked in in its entirety.

--
Cheers  --  Tim