Hello.

> I'm  using SQLite in my project that compiles by MSVC 6.0 in
> Windows  XP.  I've  upgraded  SQLite  library  from 3.7.8 to
> 3.7.10  and  got a problem. Builds went fine, but when I was
> launching  my  application,  I got memory fault. Application
> faulted  on  first  call  of  sqlite3_open_v2()  function. I
> tracked  it  down  and  found,  that fault caused by call of
> osGetFullPathNameW()  in  winFullPathname().  By some reason
> pointer,  that must point to GetFullPathNameW() was NULL. As
> I understand it is because SQLITE_OS_WINNT was defined as 0,
> because  I haven't defined _WIN32_WINNT. I think that SQLite
> realized    that    there    is   no   wide   char   support
> (SQLITE_WIN32_HAS_WIDE  was  not  defined). I wonder is this
> correct? MSDN says, that GetFullPathNameW() is present since
> Windows  95, so i thought function GetFullPathNameW() can be
> used  when  _WIN32_WINNT  is  not defined. For now I've just
> defined  _WIN32_WINNT  as 0x500, but not sure is it correct,
> and  will  my application works if it will be launched under
> Windows  9X.  Test case for reproducing problem is included.
> Just  put  sqlite3.c  and  sqlite3.h  in  same  directory as
> included  files  test.c  and  makefile.vc  and  run nmake -f
> makefile.vc. After that just run test.exe.

Looks  like attaches are not supported in this mailing list,
so I'm including files in message body:

makefile.vc:
;-----------------------------------X8
CC=cl
CFLAGS=/MD  /DWIN32 /nologo /GX /GA /O2 /W3 /GF
BIN=test.exe
OBJ=test.obj sqlite3.obj
RM=del
RFLAGS=

all: $(BIN)

$(BIN): $(OBJ)
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(OBJ) /Fe$(BIN)

%.obj: %.c
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) /c $<

clean:
        -$(RM) $(RFLAGS) $(BIN) 2>nul
        -$(RM) $(RFLAGS) $(OBJ) 2>nul
;-----------------------------------X8

test.c:
;-----------------------------------X8
#include <stdio.h>
#include "sqlite3.h"

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{ int rez = 0;
  sqlite3* ss_pdb = NULL;

  rez = sqlite3_open_v2("base", &ss_pdb, SQLITE_OPEN_READWRITE |
SQLITE_OPEN_CREATE, NULL);

  return rez;
}

--