On 03 Mar 2012 at 15:15, Mark Schonewille <m.schonewi...@economy-x-talk.com>
wrote:

> MySQL has a really great manual with extensive explanations and dozens of
> examples for each command. SQLite is none of all this. It just has a limited
> number of pages listing a small number of commands and some special features.
> It also has a number of really weird diagrammes.
>
> How do I read diagrammes like http://sqlite.org/images/syntax/sql-stmt.gif ?

Do you mean that you find all the diagrams incomprehensible, or just some? Take
this one:

   http://www.sqlite.org/lang_expr.html#litvalue

as an example. It is a pictorial way of describing how to form an SQLite-legal
numeric value. Following the pathways in the diagram, one can see that 4,
12.8e-7, 0.6, are all legal numerics. Interestingly, +3 and -66 appear not to
be.

> Where can I find a good reference manual just like MySQL's?

There are books available, some even written by denizens of this list, such as
"Using SQLite" by Jay Kreibich.

--
Cheers  --  Tim