I use sqlite in a mobile app with a database in readonly mode.
One operation requires a lot of select-queries and should be optimized as much as possible. Profiling shows me that when scrolling the cursor with sqlite3_step(), most time is spent in sqlite3BtreeBeginTrans->sqlite3PagerSharedLock. I don't know the sqlite code, but to me that looks like some locking is done for every query.

I can guarantee that no concurrent write / read accesses take place. How can I remove all locking overhead from this queries?