On Mar 25, Neo Anderson wrote:
Do not be confused by the sample SQL statement. What I really wanted to do is
return two different resultsets in one statement and wanted an API to handle
the two resultsets. For example:

select * form table1;
select * from table2;

And I do not want to use big union.

By reading other replies I think it's actually not practical to do this.
> From: itandetnik at mvps.org
> Why do you want two resultsets? What is the actual problem you are trying to
solve?

I think it would be good to answer Igor's question. You have only shared the low-level "solutions" you thought might work and now think impractical.

It would help those who might help to understand what use of a union fails to accomplish that your separate queries would accomplish. I'm having a hard time imagining it, and my guesses are so arcane that it seems silly to engage in such when you have already know.

To break it down a bit: What will you do with these two result sets? How does combining the queries, one after the other, yield something usefully different from a union? Why not prepare one query after another, or at least execute one then the other?

At this point, I doubt anybody can help without better information as to what the objective is.
--
Larry Brasfield