On 30 Mar 2012 at 04:11, vaiStardom <paul.a...@me.com> wrote:

> I can't seem to use the sqlite3_analyzer on my MacBook Pro 2010 i7.
>
> Following the instructions in the book 'The Definitive Guide To Sqlite', to
> analyze the test.db all I have to do is issue the command 'sqlite3_analyzer
> test.db'. This command unfortunately gives me the response '-bash:
> sqlite3_analyzer: command not found'.
>
> The EXE sqlite3_analyzer is in the same directory as test.db, it was
> downloaded from sqlite.org:   'Precompiled Binaries For Mac OS X (x86)
> sqlite-analyzer-osx-x86-3071100.zip'.
>
> I downloaded the source code and untared it with 'tar -xzvf
> sqlite-autoconf-3071100.tar'.

Why not download the precompiled binary?

> I moved to the new directory and issued the command 'make sqlite3_analyzer',
> which gives me the output 'make: *** No rule to make target
> `sqlite3_analyzer'.  Stop.'.

I just downloaded the precompiled binary zip file to my Desktop, double-clicked
it to unzip, and in a Terminal window did:

Second-Mini% cd ~/Desktop
Second-Mini% sqlite3_analyzer
Usage: sqlite3_analyzer database-name
Second-Mini%

Simples. Did you have a particular reason to want to rebuild it from source?

BTW, when I build the sqlite3 executable or this analyser or a cross-assembler
for the 68000, I use Xcode - a lot easier than fiddling with make, IME.

--
Cheers  --  Tim