Hello,

I am experiancing a weird problem: sometimes (1 time in a 10-100) when
2 processes try to open the same database file (and execute something
like 'create table foo if not exists'), one of them fails with
SQLITE_BUSY — despite 1 second (or bigger) timeout.

Processes themselves produce almost no DB activity; they merely start
and initialize the database roughly at the same time.
sqlite3_open_v2() is immediately followed by sqlite3_busy_timeout().

Unfortunately I can't write a small program that reproduces this
reliably: my test program never crashes this way (except when timeout
is really small — say, 10ms). Yet, this behaviour is rare but
reproducible, both from Python (apsw) on Windows, Python (apsw) on OS
X and native C API on OS X (in entirely different program).

Can you please point me at what can be the cause of this?

       Gregory