On 04/11/2012 09:50 PM, Nick Shaw wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org]
On Behalf Of Simon Slavin
Sent: 10 April 2012 19:04
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Unicode problem when setting PRAGMA journal_mode

Realised I made a typo below: should have said "PRAGMA journal_mode = DELETE"
(though setting it to WAL or OFF causes the same problem).

Are you by any chance having a technical problem with the PRAGMA command itself ?  For
instance, suppose the command was encoded in UTF-16 and SQLite was expecting ASCII.  Figure
out what the default>  value should be (e.g. use the shell tool to do a "PRAGMA
journal_mode;") then change your normal app to set the mode to that value.  See if it
gives you the same problem.

I'm not getting the same problem with other PRAGMA commands (quick_check(1) and
synchronous=NORMAL), so I don't know why journal_mode would be any different.
If I leave this one PRAGMA out, everything is fine.  If I include it, the DB
always fails to close.  But only in Unicode.

I'll try your suggestion of setting it to what it currently is (it *should* be
DELETE) and see what it does.

After sqlite3_close() returns SQLITE_BUSY, you can use
sqlite3_next_stmt() to loop through those statements that
SQLite thinks are unfinalized. Then use sqlite3_sql() to
identify each.

The results might reveal something.