On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Brad House <b...@monetra.com> wrote:

> On 04/26/2012 04:38 PM, Jos Groot Lipman wrote:
>
>> As far as I understand this means: you will not see changes made by other
>> connections (committed or uncommited) after your transaction started.
>> If another connections commits a change, you will not see it.
>> I would expect: If another connections rollbacks the change, you will not
>> see it either.
>>
>> Why whould anyone want an aborted read-transaction in this case?
>>

> I would agree ... I'd like to hear the other side of the story here
> so we understand why this change was made if it was indeed intentional.
>
> What purpose does this behavior serve?  Not saying it is wrong at
> this point, just lacking information.
>
> Also would need to understand the scope of this behavior.  Does
> that mean if any connection rolls back that immediately all other
> connections abort?  Or is it only one very specific case that this
> occurs?

Only the connection that does the rollback has its queries aborted.

If you are seeing other connections get queries aborted, that is something
new that I have not seen before and will need to investigate.

If you do a ROLLBACK in the middle of a query, why would you ever want to
keep going with that query?  What would you expect to see?

> Thanks.
> -Brad

D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org