If you are not wrapping the inserts in an explicit transaction, try that.

On 5/2/2012 9:04 AM, Nigel Verity wrote:
Hi
I am writing an application which requires approximately 50,000 items to be
imported from a text file into a table. Each item is a single string of 8
characters, and the target table has an auto-incrementing PK and one other
field, to hold the 8 character string.
Using the "Import Table Data" function in SQLiteman, the data loads very quickly. However
in my application, using either an SQL "insert" command or a resultset, the import is
very much slower. Is there another technique I can use to speed things up?
Thanks
Nige