The two errors SQLITE_BUSY and SQLITE_LOCKED are very similar but also
very different.  SQLITE_LOCKED implies that the contention is on the
same connection whereas SQLITE_BUSY implies that the contention is from
another connection and can be handled via a busy handler.

The error message reported from sqlite3_errmsg is very deceiving
though...

SQLITE_BUSY -> "database is locked."

SQLITE_LOCKED -> "database table is locked."

For days now, I kept receiving a "database is locked." error in my logs
thinking the contention was due to a single connection only to just now
realize the error code was indeed SQLITE_BUSY.

Can we instead change the error message to read:

SQLITE_BUSY -> "database is busy."

SQLITE_LOCKED -> "database table is locked"

-Shaun

Shaun Seckman

Firaxis Games
Programmer