  From: Richard Hipp
  To: phi...@blastbay.com ; General Discussion of SQLite Database
  Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 1:03 PM
  Subject: Re: [sqlite] Porter Stemmer

  On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 5:51 AM, Philip Bennefall <phi...@blastbay.com> wrote:

    Hi all,

    Is the algorithm used in the stemming tokenizer in SqLite's fts extension
equivalent to the C implementation found at
http://tartarus.org/~martin/PorterStemmer/

  The built-in Porter stemmer is a copy/paste from the above link.

    ?

    I am asking this because some sources say that there are improved versions
of this algorithm released much later than 2000/2001. Does SqLite's
implementation differ in any significant ways from the C implementation found
at the above URL?

    Kind regards,

    Philip Bennefall

  D. Richard Hipp