On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Paul van Helden <p...@planetgis.co.za> wrote:
>> So rather than holding your breath for Oracle to change I'd recommend you
>> do it the portable way.
>>
> I'm not waiting for anything. My last question was simple: which is
> better? Since MySQL does it the "correct way" perhaps we can just think
> about this for sqlite4?

That's definitely not a correct way. It could be "intuitive" for those
who doesn't know SQL well. But for anybody else it's counter-intuitive
and I would be really disappointed if SQLite will implement that.

So the answer to your last question (as Michael already said): better
to write in SQL what you really want to do and not expect for SQL
engine to guess it for you. If you find writing complex WHERE clause
too complicated then don't use sqlite3_changes() function.

Pavel