From: J Decker [mailto:d3c...@gmail.com]
Sent: 24. juli 2012 02:49
To: b...@saseco.dk; General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Compiling System.Data.SQLite with latest sqlite3.dll

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 3:04 AM, Bernhard Mogens Ege <b...@saseco.dk> wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to compile System.Data.SQLite and in the
> process update sqlite from 3.7.12.1 to 3.7.13 as I need the shared
> cache option for memory connections.
>

> And when I write 'trying' I am having trouble figuring out where
> exactly System.Data.SQLite picks up sqlite3.dll from. The source code
> doesn't include it and the installer also doesn't include it, but it
> must be somewhere.

It is in there in 1.0.80.0\SQLite.Interop\src\core\sqlite3.c

You need 3 projects, the netmodule, the static sqlite library and the
system.data.sqlite project....

1.0.80.0\System.Data.SQLite\System.Data.SQLite.Module.2010.csproj
1.0.80.0\SQLite.Interop\SQLite.Interop.Static.2010.vcxproj
1.0.80.0\System.Data.SQLite\System.Data.SQLite.2010.csproj

interop must depend on module
system.data.sqlite must depend on interop  (right click on a project and use
'Project Dependencies' to add the additional dependencies)

Then you can just reference system.data.sqlite.2010 in other projects

Turn off generate XML documentation in build tab of project properties of
system.data.sqlite.module project.  (otherwise it causes it to always
rebuild, and in turn all dependants of it)

Probably similar rules for more recent versions

That is if you want to include building from source in your project;
otherwise you can just use the default solution of sqlite to build a DLL and
add that as the reference.

> Is it even safe to update System.Data.SQLite 1.0.81.0 with sqlite3.dll
> 3.7.13 and will the shared cache feature work?
>

> Also, compiling System.Data.SQLite for .NET 4.0 results in some
> warnings/errors. Are they safe to ignore?
>

> Warning            1                           The parent file, 'SR.resx',
> for file 'SR.Designer.cs' cannot be found in the project file.
> System.Data.SQLite.2010
>
> Warning            2                           Load of property
'OutputType'
> failed.            System.Data.SQLite.Module.2010
>
> Warning            3                           The parent file, 'SR.resx',
> for file 'SR.Designer.cs' cannot be found in the project file.
> System.Data.SQLite.Module.2010
>
> Warning            4                           Error 2005: Mapping
> Association 'FK_InternationalOrders_OrderID_OrderID' is redundant: Its
> referential integrity constraint provides sufficient information.  You
> can safely delete the mapping information for this association.
> C:\Users\bme\Documents\Visual Studio

2010\Projects\sqlite-netFx-source-1.0.81.0\testlinq\NorthwindModel2010.edmx