Tobias,

Heres how you can make your own shared library under Mac OS X.

Download http://www.sqlite.org/download.html/sqlite-amalgamation-3071300.zip

# In the terminal
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.

# Make the library call it libsqlite3_mybuild.dylib
gcc -o libsqlite3_mybuild.dylib sqlite3.c -dynamiclib

# Build the shell using the new libsqlite3_mybuild.dylib shared library.
gcc -o shell shell.c -lsqlite3_mybuild -L$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

./shell
SQLite version 3.7.13 2012-06-11 02:05:22
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> .exit

# Display the names and version numbers of the shared libraries that
the object file uses.
otool -L ./shell
./shell:
        libsqlite3_mybuild.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version
0.0.0)
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 159.1.0)

Best of Luck,

Clive Hayward

--