On 15 Aug 2012, at 4:19pm, markus ruettimann
<markus.ruettim...@trapezegroup.com> wrote:

> How ever we can create a new database, reading and writing to it withount
> any problem. The only thing that is not working is the ATTACH DATABASE SQL
> command. We constantly receive a CAN_NOT_OPEN error code.

Thank you for your good description of the problem, and what similar things
/do/ work.

The usual cause of this is that you specify the database filename only, not
which folder it's in, and the application is using a folder you weren't
expecting.  Is there a chance that this is your problem ?  Can you temporarily
change the application to specify the full path, from 'C:' on down, just to
check that it is looking in the right folder ?

Another cause is that inside your ATTACH command you have used the wrong
quotes, or no quotes at all around the filename.  For instance

ATTACH "second.sqlite" AS db2

is wrong, you should be using single quotes, not double quotes.

Simon.