On 1 Sep 2012, at 3:46pm, Roger Binns <rog...@rogerbinns.com> wrote:

> What tool did you use to work out that this is a problem?

Actually I've done it myself on a handsized device which didn't have good error
testing.  It had an 8 Meg SD card and various other parts of the system would
simply crash if they ran out of filespace.  So the problem was not to do with
any weakness of SQLite, just that knowing that the SQLite database was always
going to take up exactly the same amount of filespace reduced the number of
growing/shrinking files I had to worry about.

I did it the simple way: writing dummy data until the filesize was 4 Meg, then
deleting the dummy rows and not doing a VACUUM.  It worked fine.

Simon.