Hi Jay

>   In WAL mode that's only half incorrect.  Your description of NORMAL
>   seems correct, but FULL should be fully durable.  The WAL file may
>   need to be checkpointed on startup, but the if the commit happens in
>   WAL/FULL, you should have full durability.

This is the reason for my question. As far as I can see, the
difference between NORMAL and FULL in WAL mode is that FULL has one
transaction in WAL to be checkpointed, and NORMAL has multiple. Since
both of them need to checkpoint for durability, how is it that FULL
can guarantee durability for 1 transaction, but not NORMAL for
multiple? From a development point of view, I would imagine that both
will use the same checkpoint routine, but yet I cannot understand why
FULL has a guarantee and NORMAL does not..

Regards
Keith