Am 10.09.2012 17:17, schrieb Bart Smissaert:
Ah, OK. I have a feeling that needs to be done either in your
application code or with a user defined SQLite function.
Somebody may prove me wrong.

Hi Bart,

since I know you're using my COM-Wrapper, a larger set
of Functions (in "VBA-Style", similar to the JET-Engine) are
already built-in there (including Instr, Left$, Right$, Mid$,
DateDiff, DatePart, ... etc.).

For example Sébastiens requirement could be handled this way:

Select Mid$(TheField, Instr(TheField,'[') From Tbl

Olaf

BTW, a new version including newest SQLite 3.7.14 is out now
since yesterday: www.datenhaus.de/Downloads/vbRC4BaseDlls.zip