On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Jeff Archer <
jsarc...@nanotronicsimaging.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Nico Williams <n...@cryptonector.com
> >wrote:
>
> > >Install Cygwin, use that to make the amalgamation (after you've made
> > >whatever changes to the canonical sources), then build the amalgation
> > >in native Windows.
>

> Please excuse my ignorance.
> OK.  I have Cygwin.  Fossil.  I have cloned the repository and opened.   I

My advice is to stay away from cygwin.

Get a copy of ActiveState Tcl and install it on your windows box.  Then
download a ZIP archive of the canonical SQLite sources (perhaps from the
Download link on the http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/release page).  Then in
an MSVC-enabled DOS box:

   nmake /f makefile.msc sqlite3-all.c

The above will generate 6 (or so) sqlite3-*.c files and one sqlite3.h
file.  Move them all into your MSVC project.  (Omit the sqlite3.c
amalgamation file that is also generated.) The sqlite3-all.c file is the
main file.  The other sqlite3-N.c files (N between 1 and 5) are #include-ed
by sqlite3-all.c.  All these files are sized to work will with MSVC.

> believe I now have the source tree of SQLite.
> Not sure what I need to do next.
> I have the Cygwin command prompt open and believe it is running the bash
> shell.

D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org