Yes, I have run this on SSD drives and on a ram disk where disk IO wasn't a
limited factor.

Bob

________________________________
 From: Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org>
To: Bob Price <rjp_em...@yahoo.com>; General Discussion of SQLite Database
<sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2012 9:04 PM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] performance of one process using multiple independent
sqlite databases

On 23 Sep 2012, at 1:47am, Bob Price <rjp_em...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> This all works correctly, but I am having some performance issues.  It
> appears that it might be the case that a write on the connection of one
> database blocks any activity on the connection of the other databases.  Some
> things that led me to this conclusion are tests that show with only a single
> db I can process some data in N seconds, but when I have two threads each
> talking to their own db, the time jumps to around 2*N seconds

As you guessed, there's nothing in SQLite that would intentionally serialize
transactions with different databases.  However, are all these databases on the
same hard disk being accessed by the same computer ?  Your hard disk can do
only one thing at one time.  If two apps of any kind try to access it
simultaneously, you will get contention.

For testing purposes, you might try something like temporarily moving one
database to a Flash drive.  See whether this changes your timing by anything at
all.

Simon.