On 23 Sep 2012 at 11:37, Baruch Burstein <bmburst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am curious about the usefulness of sqlite's "unique" type handling, and
> so would like to know if anyone has ever actually found any practical use
> for it/used it in some project? I am referring to the typeless handling,
> e.g. storing strings in integer columns etc., not to the non-truncating
> system e.g. storing any size number or any length string (which is
> obviously very useful in many cases).
> Has anyone ever actually taken advantage of this feature? In what case?

It's hard to say whether I use this feature or not. It's just one less thing to
worry about. It means I don't have to have extra function calls to be sure that
some value I'm about to shove into a field has the right type. Since I'm doing
it from PHP, half the time I don't know anyway whether something is a string or
an integer. The more one can get the Giant Brain to concern itself with this
type of thing, so I don't have to, the better. Types - pah! Who needs 'em?

--
Cheers  --  Tim