As you can tell, I don't have much experience with sql. I was going in the
timeout direction because simply resending the command several seconds
after the locked error occurred seemed to return the correct value. My plan
is to implement Michael's suggestion and if the error continues to occur,
place a rollback in an error handler and move on from there. Is that
reasonable or am I still missing something?